This desktop computer is now sitting in the basement of my house, and hasn't been used in ten years. The last time I turn this on was probably 2005, when I was checking to see if it would still boot up. The internal battery is dead, and I don't even have a LCD monitor to hook up to the computer. I still have a keyboard and several SCSI cables left over. I don't know what I'll do with the computer. My last task that I did with the computer was to backup the entire hard drive to a CD, so I could still access the files if needed.
The last time that I used this computer on a regular bases was as a phone answering machine. I used to set this up so that I could get digital archives of my voice mail messages. There's probably still a folder on the desktop of some old voice mail.
On this page, you'll find information on everything related to the classic Centris/Quadra 660av Macintosh computer. You'll find a brain dump of information that I have collected over the years about this great computer.
Power and speed
- Works with all Apple monitors as well as NTSC, PAL, VGA, and SuperVGA displays
- Supports 16-bit color, allowing for display of thousands of vibrant colors
- 12 built-in ports for a wide range of peripherals
- Single slot supports 7-inch NuBus expansion cards via NuBus adapter
- Optional internal CD-ROM drive
Macintosh Quadra 660AV configurations
- With 8MB of RAM, 230MB hard disk: Order No. M2687LL/A
- With 8MB of RAM, 230MB hard disk, and internal CD: Order No. M2690LL/A
- With 8MB of RAM, 500MB hard disk, internal CD: Order No. M2691LL/A
Order No. M9049LL/A
- Same as Centris 660AV NuBus adapter
- Limited warranty
Order No. M1534LL/A
- Upgrades a Macintosh Centris 610 or a Macintosh Quadra 610 computer to a Macintosh Quadra 660AV computer