Mesothelioma is cause by prolong exposure to asbestos. Veterans should be aware of this rare form of cancer as some military personal have been around asbestos in overseas actions.
- Ultimate Guide to Veteran's Benefits - cover various issues such as health benefits, pension programs and counseling services to name a few.
- Asbestos Trust Fund - We help patients and families obtain compensation from asbestos trust funds.
- Mesothelioma Veterans Center - Offer offers free veteran specific resources and support.
- Mesothelioma Lawyer Center - Offer comprehensive asbestos and mesothelioma information, but with an emphasis on the legal options available to mesothelioma victims and their families.
- Mesothelioma Network - provide mesothelioma patients with free resources, support, education, and referrals to experienced mesothelioma doctors.
- Mesothelioma Lawyers - Give you a FREE legal consultation and evaluate your case in a timely manner. Proven Results
- Mesothelioma Specialist - Asbestos exposure, the only known cause of mesothelioma, was unavoidable for millions of veterans, whether they were deployed overseas or working in the U.S. Up to 30 percent of all diagnosed mesothelioma cases are veterans.
- Pleural Mesothelioma Center - As a result of their exposure during military service, U.S. veterans account for a sizable percentage of pleural mesothelioma patients. The group of veterans most at risk is naval veterans and this is a result of the mass amount of asbestos material used on naval vessels. Navy veterans who worked in shipyards or aboard vessels experienced more asbestos exposure than the average member of the Armed Forces and can claim benefits from the VA system for this service-related condition.
- Veteran Asbestos Exposure: Making Sense of a Senseless Disease.
- MesotheliomaHelp.org - Very active website with an Online Community and Q&A with a team of nurses.
- Mesothelioma Cancer Treatment & Support Services - a public service geared towards helping veterans who have been diagnosed with mesothelioma.
- Mesothelioma Group - Most recent news about risk factors and stages. One stop resource for veterans.
- USAEP - USAEP support the community by establishing an annual $1k scholarship for college students. They also organizing a 5k run this year to bring awareness and donations to American Veterans with mesothelioma.
Military Health Notice
Countless veterans, including those who served in the Gulf War, were exposed to asbestos & may be at risk of developing mesothelioma cancer. Please visit the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance for information about this and other military health issues.
Single Mother's Help
Raising Children on a Single or Fixed Income
When a single or fixed income just isn’t enough to provide for your children. Read Bankrate.com article about the true cost of raising a child.
Single Mother's Grants
Did you know that there's grant assistance help for Single Mothers?
Grants for single mothers is a site that helps financially disadvantaged families with finding assistance programs. The directory lists assistance programs that help with utility, energy, mortgage, rent, medication, education and medical bills.