Strong Password Generator
Validating Password rules is a frequent job that QA has to handle. Fortunately there's help available, such as the Chrome Extension - Strong Password Generator by criticalthoughts8
With this extension you can easily generate strong and secure passwords. You can specify password length and used chars (lowercase, uppercase, numbers or custom). When you generate a password you can copy directly to your clipboard, or generate more of them and copy them all at one time (or select only which of them you want).
QA Thoughts about this Extension
- This is a great tool to test the various rules that may be imposed on passwords. You can make sure not only is the length is being checked, but that it contains numbers and mix letters.
- The extension keeps track of the password that is generated, just not on the site that it was generated for.
- You copy the password to the clipboard and paste it in the password box of the website. This makes it easy when you have to enter the password twice for validation.
- If your using LaunchBar, you can easily save the password as a snippet and reuse it for other applications.
- The extension is very simple and practical to use to validate the rules of a password field.