Interviewer Questions - Company
Questions that the company may ask in an Interview:
- What kinds of things have you done at school or on the job that were beyond expectations?
- Tell of a time when you worked with a colleague who was not completing his or her share of the work. Who, if anyone, did you tell or talk to about it? Did the manager take any steps to correct your colleague? Did you agree or disagree with the manager's actions?
- Give me an example of an important goal which you had set in the past and tell me about your success in reaching it.
- Give me a specific example of a time when a co-worker or classmate criticized your work in front of others. How did you respond? How has that event shaped the way you communicate with others?
- On occasion we are confronted by dishonesty in the workplace or in school. Tell about such an occurrence and how you handled it.
- Give an example of a time in which you had to be relatively quick in coming to a decision.
- How will the academic program and coursework you've taken benefit your career?
- What is the most competitive work or school situation you have experienced? How did you handle it? What was the result?
- How has college changed you as a person?
- Some people work best as part of a group -- others prefer the role of individual contributor. How would you describe yourself?
Interviewee Questions - Canidate
Questions that you should considering asking your future employer:
- What makes this company different from its competitors?
- Are there any examples?
- What do you see as the most important opportunities for improvement in the area I hope to join?
- What is the budget this department operates with?
- What does the client expect at the end of the project?
- What do you see ahead for your company in the next five years?
- What are the main challenges associated with the team?
- What are the skills and attributes you value most for someone being hired for this position?
- How often are performance reviews given?
- What makes your firm, hospital, school system, ad agency, etc., different?