|April 10, 2014|
Macintosh users should be aware of any file that from gophoto-it. This is a pretty bad hijacking software and will control Chrome, Safari and Firefox on your computer.
If you have been experiencing any strange behavior when your clicking on any websites, such as strange popups saying you should install an update utility software you may have a bad browser extension. You should see if you may have inadvertently installed the gophoto-it software.
Basically what 'GoPhoto.it' does is add an extra bit of code to every webpage you load in your browser and they can manipulate what you do. For example, you may want to go to product page on Amazon.com, but GoPhoto.it will send you to another page or product on Amazon.
Here's a sample of the code in the page: (Click for the full size version.)
Don't be fooled! You don't want to have this software on your computer. This is really bad spyware and should be removed. Here are the simple steps on removing the extension that get's installed:
- Click Shift-Command-A to open Firefox Add-Ons.
- Click on the Extensions on the left side
- Look for anything that says, GoPhoto.it and then click Remove
- Restart Firefox
- Under the Windows menu, select 'Extensions'
- Look for anything that says, GoPhoto.it and then click on the trash can
- Restart Chrome
- Under the Safari menu select Preferences
- Click on Extensions on the Top Bar
- Look for anything that says, GoPhoto.it and then click on the Uninstall button
- Restart Safari
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.