|December 24, 2017|
Rules for my Son and Daughter Update
A few favorites from the book Rules for My Unborn Son.
- Never shake a man's hand sitting down.
- There are plenty of ways to enter a pool. The stairs ain't one.
- The man at the grill is the closest thing we have to a king.
- In a negotiation, never make the first offer.
- Act like you've been there before. Especially in the end zone.
- Request the late check-out.
- When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
- Hold your heroes to a higher standard.
- Return a borrowed car with a full tank of gas.
- Don't fill up on bread.
- When shaking hands, grip firmly and look him in the eye.
- Don't let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be.
- If you need music on the beach, you're missing the point.
- Carry two handkerchiefs. The one in your back pocket is for you. The one in your breast pocket is for her.
- You marry the girl, you marry her whole family.
- Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.
- Experience the serenity of traveling alone.
- Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room.
- Never turn down a breath mint.
- In a game of HORSE, sometimes a simple free throw will get 'em.
- A sport coat is worth 1000 words.
- Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.
- Thank a veteran. And then make it up to him.
- If you want to know what makes you unique, sit for a caricature.
- Eat lunch with the new kid.
- After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.
- Ask your mom to play. She won't let you win.
- See it on the big screen.
- Give credit. Take the blame.
- Write down your dreams.
*Update - It's crazy to me but this post has somehow gone viral. For clarification, this was a list I consolidated from my favorite sayings at this (Source). **Originally Posted 5 years ago
Bonus Six Rules for my six-year-old daughter
My daughter will turn seven next week - Just some random things that I thought of while looking over the Top 30 Rules for my Son.
- Treat everyone with respect
- Never settle for less than your very best every day.
- Save as much money as you can. Understand the power of compounding.
- Never be afraid to ask for help.
- If your not earning enough money, your not giving enough value.
- If life gets you down, three words - Silly Hat Day
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.