Forget about Caboodle, not with the time or effort.
Last year I purchased Caboodle as part of Mac App Bundle from TNW Deals. This is one of 15 applications that I purchased for $25. I am a big EverNote fan, I didn't think Caboodle would replace it, but thought it would be nice to add to the collection. (I had to pick 15 apps to get the deal.)
Description from their Website
Caboodle allows users to store and organize varied bits of info. Everyone comes across information that they want to refer to later. Maybe gifts you've received or sent, product serial numbers, recipes, directions to someone's house, a photo of your pet, or anything else.
Eight Things I Learned About Caboodle
- Cost $12.99 and available in the Mac App Store, where as on the Before Dawn Solutions site it cost $19.99
- Last updated 1 year ago - current version is 2.0.4
- The menus/options seem very basic. There's no "back up to cloud" support, so if your computer crashes - oh well.
- Under the Help menu it references the #bdsCaboodle twitter handle with no tweets. (Strange for an account that is 2 years old.)
- Many of the other Help menus reference documents on the Before Dawn Solutions Website, and are broken links. (Frequently Asked Questions is one example)
- Caboodle is not AppleScript friendly - the application doesn't show up in the Script editor.
- You can create child entries, which is pretty cool.
- When you drag and drop an image into a note you can't resize it within the note.
- You can export notes in HTML, Plain Text, Rich Text and Microsoft Word
I would recommend not getting Caboodle. The application appears to be abandoned. There are many good alternative solutions available.