Best Butter on Popcorn
Everything tastes better with butter on it! Even Popcorn!
The downside to adding butter to popcorn is that it adds more calories than the benefit of taste. If you're looking for a healthy batch of popcorn, I would recommend adding coconut oil that has butter flavor. Most of the calories get melted during the cooking process.
But if you want to add butter, here are some things I learned.
Five things I learned
Over the past few months I have experimented with various brands of butter. I was trying to figure out which one works the best.
- Butter vs Margarine debate. Butter is definitely better than any margarine that I have tried. Margarine makes the popcorn taste chemically
- At the end of the day, there was no clear winner. Store Brand butter tasted just as good as expensive Irish butter. Buying expensive butter didn’t really add much flavor to my popcorn.
- Salted Butter vs Unsalted Butter. I like unsalted because I usually add a bit of salt anyways. Unsalted Butter gives you more cream for your buck. If you get salted you run into the risk of having different types of salt in your popcorn. Keep it simple and get unsalted and add salt - if needed
- Extra Creamy butter - Such as Plugra and Land O Lakes - was good. I didn't encounter a lot of butter at the bottom of the bowl.
- Kate's Creamery butter didn't really taste any different than regular melted butter. I only purchased it once as it was more expensive than store brand butter. I thought it would be better because it’s more expensive. It doesn’t really make the popcorn taste better.
The best butter I would recommend using is the Land O Lakes Extra Creamy Butter. It’s extra creamy adds just enough flavor to make the popcorn enjoyable.
Add your Comments
Feel free to leave a comment about this post.