The Friendly Toast
Great place to enjoy a meal in the Back Bay
The Friendly Toast is a local popular eating establishment. They have restaurants in Portsmouth, NH, Back Bay, Boston, Cambridge, MA, Burlington, MA, Burlington, VT, and Bedford, NH.
I have heard they have a good Gluten Free options, so a couple of months ago, I took my daughter to the Back Bay location for dinner.
Eight Things We Learned
- The place is very busy for breakfast and lunch. Many times when I walked by the restaurant I saw long lines of people waiting to be seated.
- When we went at 4 pm on a Friday, it was very quiet. It was a good time to go.
- The restaurant is decorated with a lot of retro images. Great place for kids to look around at all the different memorabilia.
- They didn't a have a dedicated Gluten-Free menu. The menu has a "Gluten-Friendly" label on items that can be made Gluten Free.
- Lots of good choices for my daughter to pick from - she "settled" for a hamburger with a side of bacon. I think she wanted the bacon because I told her it was a popular breakfast place - similar to J&M Diner in Framingham.
- The waiter was educated about Gluten-Friendly options and worked with us on side options that she could have. While the regular burger isn't listed as Gluten Free, she could have a grilled gluten-free toast as a bun.
- The order came out quick, and my daughter loved it. She especially loved being able to use
- We'll certainly go back. I think my daughter is excited to the Gluten-Free pancakes - but didn't want to have it for dinner after a long day in Boston.
Gluten Free Plain Burger
Juliana enjoying the "plain burger" at Friendly Toast. The burger was anything but plain. She really enjoyed it!
Finding the Friendly Toast
The Friendly Toast in Boston is located at 35 Stanhope Street in Boston Ma - near the Clarendon Street Garage. You can get here by public transportation - the Back Bay Station is less than a block away - near the Clarendon Street entrance.