Uncle Cheungs Closes
Chinese restaurant closes in Framingham
Uncle Cheungs Resturant in Framingham
Things I Learned
- Uncle Cheungs first Opened in 1983. Earlier this year they started selling sweatshirts celebrating 40 years of being in business.
- In the Celiac community, their Gluten-Free selection was very popular. Celiacs found the selection to be diverse, with a variety of options, making it easier to follow a gluten-free diet. The products were also seen as high-quality and affordable.
- Uncle Cheungs owners have been trying to sell the business and land since 2020. The owners wanted to retire and wanted to pass the business down to their children but none of them appear to really want to own the business.
- Uncle Cheungs owners own the building which they say helped them survive the 2020 - 2021 COVID-19 crisis that closed a lot of local businesses.
- New Business will be U Dumpling House which was incorporated in 2023
- According to layouts there don't appear to be many changes done to the dining room. It's not certain if U Dumpling House will have any Gluten-Free options.
Best Gluten Free Dish
Juliana's favorite order at Uncle Cheungs was Boneless Spare ribs, Sweet and Sour Chicken and Vegetable Fried Rice - all gluten-free.