Smart Mockup makes it easy to display any image as if it was on a monitor/computer/displays. The application has 458 templates whereas the website only has 157 mockups.
The nice thing about using SmartMockups is that you can present a website in a different view. You simply pick out the design first and then add your image or enter a URL.
You have the option of exporting the image or simply use the 'Share' link to instantly share the image in Slack or Jira.
Some Notes about the application
- There is no glare reflection effect on the mockup image. (Instructions on how to add it in Photoshop.)
- In order to run the SmartMockups app you need to be connected to the Internet.
- Check out some of the designs and use the 'Favorites' feature on ones you like. This will save you time later.
- After you upload an image, you have the opportunity to resize it so that it fits in the placeholder template.
- There are four image sizes on export. If all the sizes are big, you can always resize the exported image to whatever you want.
- There a Suggestion box where you can add and vote on other ideas. You can also see what ideas that might get implemented soon.
- Keep checking the application once and a while, you never know when new designs come in.
- Smartmockups now support GIFs. However, they don't support GIFs larger that 8 MB.
This is a useful tool to have if you do any type of blogging or social media advertising. It can help make screenshot and photos look better than by themselves.
There is a one-time fee of $49 for the application. The software is available for Windows and Macintosh users. You can download the application from their website. Check around the Internet, you may find discounts from various vendors. I was able to pick up a license for $19.